Asia Cup Winners, India is the most successful team of the Asia Cup by winning seven titles while Sri Lanka at second position with five times champions. Pakistan crowned twice as champion as while Bangladesh has been runner-up thrice. Asia Cup has provided massive entertainment to the Asian cricket fans where cricket is not just a sport but just like an annual event. Asia Cup 1984 is the very first edition of the tournament hosted by the United Arab Emirates.
Except for the most recent season Asia Cup 2018, five teams contested regularly. India won the maiden title of Asia Cup 1984 by defeating Sri Lanka in UAE. In the Asia Cup Winners all-time list, India dominating the champions chart with seven titles. Sri Lanka has been winner five times in the whole fourteen seasons of the tournament. For more details visit Asia Cup 2020 Fixture. Who will be the winner of the Asia Cup 2020 this year? Stay tunned for more information.
Asia Cup Champions
- India has the hat-trick of winning Asia Cup 1988, 1990, and 1995.
- Sri Lanka won two consecutive times Asia Cup 2004 and 2008.
- Pakistan became champion twice, beating Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh has been runner up thrice, including two consecutive attempts in the most recent edition.
- India five times beat Sri Lanka to win the title of the Asia Cup. While twice, India beat Bangladesh to become champions.
- Sri Lanka won became Asia Cup champion beating India three times, winning against Pakistan and Bangladesh once each.
AC Final Most Appearances
- Sri Lanka 11 times appeared in the Asia Cup Final, won 5 titles, and lost 6.
- India 10 times appeared in the Asia Cup Final, won 7 titles, and lost 3.
- Pakistan 4 Times reached in the Asia Cup Final, won 2 titles, and lost 2.
- Bangladesh 3 times reached in the Asia Cup Final, lost all three title games.
Which countries have hosted the most number of Asia Cup editions? Due to political tensions between Pakistan and India, both countries have hosted the Asia Cup just once each. Bangladesh hosted Asia Cup five times, including the last three consecutive editions of the tournament. Sri Lanka hosted Asia Cup four times, while UAE three times.
Bangladesh (5), Sri Lanka (4), UAE (3), Pakistan (1), India (1)
Asia Cup Winners List
|Yeat||Champion||Runner Up||Title #||Host|
|1986||Sri Lanka||Pakistan||1st||Sri Lanka|
|1997||Sri Lanka||India||2nd||Sri Lanka|
|2004||Sri Lanka||India||3rd||Sri Lanka|
|2010||India||Sri Lanka||5th||Sri Lanka|