Asia Cup Winners, India is the most successful team of the Asia Cup by winning seven titles while Sri Lanka at second position with five times champions. Pakistan crowned twice as champion as while Bangladesh has been runner-up thrice.
Asia Cup has provided massive entertainment to the Asian cricket fans where cricket is not just a sport but just like an annual event. Asia Cup 1984 is the very first edition of the tournament hosted by United Arab Emirate. Except for the most recent season Asia Cup 2019, five teams contested regularly.
Who won the Asia Cup 1984? Well, India won the maiden title of Asia Cup 1984 by defeating Sri Lanka at UAE. In the Asia Cup Winners all-time list, India dominating the champions chart with seven titles. Sri Lanka have been winner five times in the whole fourteen seasons of the tournament.
Asia Cup Championship
- India have the hat-trick of winning Asia Cup 1988, 1990 and 1995.
- Sri Lanka won two consecutive times Asia Cup 2004 and 2008.
- Pakistan became champion twice beating Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh have been runner up thrice including two consecutive attempts in the most recent edition.
- India five times beat Sri Lanka to win the title of Asia Cup. While twice India beat Bangladesh to become champions.
- Sri Lanka won became Asia Cup champion beating India three times, winning against Pakistan and Bangladesh once each.
Who reached in the Asia Cup final most times?
- Sri Lanka 11 times appeared in the Asia Cup Final, won 5 titles and lost 6.
- India 10 times appeared in the Asia Cup Final, won 7 titles and lost 3.
- Pakistan 4 Times reached in the Asia Cup Final, won 2 titles and lost 2.
- Bangladesh 3 times reached in the Asia Cup Final, lost all three title games.
Which countries have hosted the most number of Asia Cup editions? Due to political tensions between Pakistan and India, both countries have hosted the Asia Cup just once each. Bangladesh hosted Asia Cup five times including the last three consecutive editions of the tournament. Sri Lanka hosted Asia Cup four times, while UAE three times.
Bangladesh (5), Sri Lanka (4), UAE (3), Pakistan (1), India (1)
Asia Cup Winners List
|Asia Cup Year||Champion||Runner Up||Title #||Host|
|1986||Sri Lanka||Pakistan||1st||Sri Lanka|
|1997||Sri Lanka||India||2nd||Sri Lanka|
|2004||Sri Lanka||India||3rd||Sri Lanka|
|2010||India||Sri Lanka||5th||Sri Lanka|