Rashid Khan is a right-arm leg-break bowler with an iconic presence in Afghan Cricket. He is the current T20I captain for his national side Afghan Cricket Team. He was born on September 20, 1998, in Nangarhar, Afghanistan & lived a few years in Peshawar Pakistan due to war situations in his country. Rashid idolized Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi.
He became the first Afghan cricketer to play for World XI when he became part of the squad in a single T20I match against West Indies at Lord’s Cricket Stadium on May 31, 2019. Rashid is the first Afghan cricketer to top ICC T20 Bowler Rankings and ICC All-rounder Rankings. He achieved in February 2018 and September 2018 respectively.
Khan captained his national side during the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier and subsequently became the youngest player to captain an international team at the age of 19 years and 165 days. He is one of the playing XI who played the first-ever Test match for Afghan Cricket in June 2018 against India and stayed the most expensive debutant bowler.
Rashid Khan recently performed well in Big Bash League representing Adelaide Strikers this season. His outstanding performances for Strikers this year took them to playoffs. As a result of the Afghanistan tour of Ireland, Khan played three T20I and by taking wickets to ensure victory. Afghanistan beat Ireland with 2-1 in their Twenty20 International three games series.
Best Bowling Figures
- Rashid became the fastest ODI bowler to take 100 wickets which he completed with Shai Hope wicket in 44 matches and shattered Mitchell Starc record of quickest to 100 ODI wickets.
- He is the fastest bowler to take 50 T20I wickets in terms of the period. He completed in two overs and 220 days against Bangladesh from his debut date.
- Rashid Khan became the new captain of Afghanistan Cricket Team in T20I while replacing Afghan Asghar and appointed as current Vice-captain to Afghanistan ODI Team.
- He became the first Afghan Cricketer to take five wickets to haul in two overs in a T20I with 5/3. It’s the best five-wicket haul bowling figure in the history of ICC T20I.
- He took his second ODI five wickets to haul with his best bowling figure. He grabbed the best bowling figure 7/18 against Afghanistan at the Gros Islet cricket stadium.
- Rashid Khan is the first Afghanistan Cricketer to take a five-wicket haul in a Test match against Ireland.
- Rashid Khan became the youngest bowler to take 100 wickets in ODI after dismissing West Indian wicket-keeper batsman Shai Hope.
- Khan became the first and only Afghan player to pick up four wickets in four successive deliveries and equaled the record with Lasith Malinga during a T20I in February 2019 against Ireland.
T20 Cricket Records
- He made his first-class cricket debut for Afghanistan Team against England Lions on December 07, 2016, in Abu Dhabi with 4/48 and 8/74 wickets and scoring 25* unbeaten and 52 runs respectively.
- Rashid made his debut in the Bangladesh Premier League for Comilla Victorians. He played both BPL Seasons with the same franchise in 2016-17.
- He made his debut in the Indian Premier League for Sunrisers Hyderabad. Rashid has performed well for his franchise.
- Rashid represented Adelaide Strikers in the KFC Big Bash season 2018; BBL has always been so fantastic for him during as he recorded few chapters in winning streak for Adelaide.
- Rashid made his debut in the English County Championship for Sussex County Cricket Club in the English County season 2017.
- Khan made his debut in the South African Mzansi Super League Twenty20 cricket tournament in its inaugural edition for Durban Heat in 2018.
- He made his debut in the first edition of the Afghanistan Premier League (APL) for Kabul Zwaan in 2018.
- Rashid made his debut in the Caribbean Premier League for Guyana Amazon Warriors in CPL 2017.
Rashid Khan Career Stats
Career as Captain
|Matches Format||Matches||Won||Lost||Drawn||Tied||No result||Win %|
Rashid Khan Career Profile
|Full Name||Rashid Khan Arman|
|Date of Birth||20 September 1998 Nangarhar, Afghanistan|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm leg break|
|Test Debut||14 June 2018 v India (cap 9)|
|ODI Debut||18 October 2015 v Zimbabwe (cap 36)|
|T20 Debut||26 October 2015 v Zimbabwe (cap 27)|
|Major Teams||Afghanistan, Adelaide Strikers, Afghanistan Under-19s, Band-e-Amir Dragons, Boost Defenders, Comilla Victorians, Guyana Amazon Warriors, ICC World XI, Kabul Eagles, Quetta Gladiators, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Sussex|