According to World Cup, 2019 fixture second match of the ICC World Cup 2019 will be played between Pakistan and West Indies on Friday, May 30, 2019, at Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium, Nottingham, England.
Play will start according to local time 2:30 PM and GMT 9:30 AM. Pakistan and West Indies matches have been very interesting since 2010.
Before these West Indies have been dominating Pakistan and now in the recent past few years, Pakistan has a successful ratio against WI as compared to West Indies in all three formats of International Cricket.
In this article, we have covered the following areas.
- Pakistan and West Indies World Cup 2019 Squads
- Top-order, middle order, lower-order batting
- Batting and bowling all-rounders
- Teams fast & spin bowlers
- Recent Five ODI West Indies v Pakistan
- Trent Bridge Ground highest/lowest totals defended & chased
- Face to Face World Cup History and Records
- Live Streaming Channels, Apps and Web Streaming
Table of Contents
- 1 Team Squads
- 2 Batting, Bowling and Team Comparison
- 3 Pakistan v West Indies World Cup 2019 Venue Records & Details
- 4 Last Five ODI’s Pakistan v West Indies
- 5 Pak v Windies Face to Face World Cup Match Results
- 6 Sky Sports Live Cricket Streaming Pakistan v West Indies
For more detail visit player profiles, ICC rankings, career stats, biography, Notable Performances & Records, international Test, ODI, T20, franchise T20 cricket stats, highest runs, five wickets haul, centuries and recent news. Click on each players name.
Batting, Bowling and Team Comparison
Top-order batting line;
- Pakistan has informed the top-order batting line with the inclusion of Fakhar Zaman, Imam-ul-Haq, Abid Ali and Babar Azam. Usually, in ODI’s Fakhar Zaman and Imam opens batting innings for Pakistan.
- Opening pair has been consistent in providing the team a solid start to set a huge total crossing 300 in recent times and start innings with 6 or more runs per over.
- Fakhar has best batting averages of 52.83 and Imam have been very consistent with 60.04 batting averages in ODI that’s best for.
- Babar Azam has scored three consecutive centuries against WI in during the last ODI series between Pak and WI in April 2017 and has a batting average of 80+ against WI.
West Indies Batting
- Evin Lewis, Shimron Hetmyer, Chris Gayle, and Darren Bravo are the top order batting line for West Indies. Gayle usually opens the batting for WI innings in all formats with Lewis/Hetmyer.
- Gayle is best known for his opening partnership and flying start to score a huge total. But Chris Gayle doesn’t have a good record against Pakistan bowling as he hardly crosses fifty against Pakistan.
- Darren Bravo can do a better job for the WI batting line in the middle as he loves to absorb pressure and play long innings till the end of the game to finish 50 overs.
Middle-order batting Line
Pakistan Middle Order
- Shoaib Malik, Haris Sohail, and Sarfaraz Ahmed have made Pakistan middle-order very strong in the recent two-three years.
- Shoaib Malik is the most experienced batsman in the Pakistan team right now with plenty of experience and best known as ODI specialist.
- Haris Sohail and Sarfaraz both build a game with a steady run rate especially in the middle of the game and keep maintaining run rate and partnership.
West Indies Middle Order Batting
- Shai Hope, Fabian Allen, Nicholas Pooran and Jason Holder are the middle order batting line for WI although WI skipper Holder is a batting all-rounder but very useful in the middle of the game.
- WI has a very consistent wicket-keeper batsman Shai Hope who builds partnership slowly and steadily in the middle to score big totals.
- Although WI this middle order batting line is not very competitive as per Pakistan especially in chasing totals.
Batting & bowling all-rounders; Pakistan v West Indies
Pakistan Pace Bowling Attack
- Mohammad Hafeez, Shadab Khan, Faheem Ashraf, and Imad Wasim are a strength for Pakistan lower-order batting line, and best bowlers at the time.
- Imad and Hafeez batting all-round performances have been proven backbone for Pak batting especially in the 15 overs ODI to push run rate at an average of 8 runs per over and to capitalize innings to score maximum provided that opening start and game stability.
West Indies Pace Bowling Attack
- Carlos Brathwaite and Andre Russell are just two bowling all-rounders and powerful hitters in the WI team who have destroyed opposition bowling and scored 10 runs per over to gain victory for their team.
- Brathwaite and Russell both are very useful prospects for the WI batting line in the lower order who smash every ball out of the park mercilessly.
Fast & Spin Bowling Comparison
Pakistan Spin Bowling Attack and Experienced
- Pakistan has the best bowling side right now the world with pacers, medium pacers, wrist spin, off-break, and leg-break bowler.
- Hassan Ali, Junaid Khan, Faheem Ashraf, Shaheen Afridi, and Mohammad Husnain are the pace battery to Pakistan bowling strength.
- Junaid Khan and Hasan Ali are pretty experienced bowlers who have destroyed several times the opposition batting line.
- Shaheen Afridi, Faheem and Mohammad Husnain are PSL star bowling with leading wickets.
- In Spin bowling, Pakistan has plenty of options including Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Hafeez, Shoaib Malik, and occasional Haris Sohail.
West Indies Spin Bowling Attack and Experienced
- The medium pace bowler Kemar Roach, Sheldon Cottrell and Oshane Thomas who really bowl well with a variety of pace deliveries.
- WI spin bowling has good options especially Ashley Nurse, Chris Gayle, and Nicholas Pooran but not competitive as compared to Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim, and Hafeez.
Pakistan v West Indies World Cup 2019 Venue Records & Details
Pakistan v West Indies match will be played at Trent Bridge Cricket Ground Nottingham at local time 9:30 AM and GMT 2:30 AM and World Cup 2019 second match on Thursday, May 30, 2019.
Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium will host five World Cup matches, as Pakistan v England, Australia v West Indies, India v New Zealand and Australia v Bangladesh.
For more details visit Trent Bridge Fixture for ICC World Cup 2019. The highest total scored at Trent Bridge is 481/6 runs by England against Australia and lowest total scored by South Africa 83/10 against England.
The highest total chased by England with 350/3 against NZ and lowest total defended by West Indies against England with 195/9 at Trent Bridge. For more visit Trent Bridge Cricket Stadium Stats
Last Five ODI’s Pakistan v West Indies
- Pakistan and West Indies haven’t played ODI since April 2017, last time both teams played against each other in 2017 a three-match ODI series and Pakistan won by 2-1.
- In the last five, ODI Pakistan won four matches and lost just one match against Windies. Babar Azam has scored three consecutive centuries against West in the last three matches of which Pakistan won two games and lost one to WI.
- In the last five matches between Pakistan and WI results have been favorable for Pakistan as while batting first Pak scored 280+ runs and defended three totals out of 4 matches.
- While batting second Pakistan successfully chased target against WI.
|April 11, 2017||236/4 (43.1/50 overs)||233/9 (50 over)||Pakistan won by 6 wickets (with 41 balls remaining)|
|April 09, 2017||282/5 (50 over)||208 (44.5/50 overs)||Pakistan won by 74 runs|
|April 07, 2017||308/5 (50 over)||309/6 (49/50 overs)||West Indies won by 4 wickets (with 6 balls remaining)|
|October 05, 2016||308/6 (50 over||172 (44/50 overs)||Pakistan won by 136 runs|
|October 02, 2016||337/5 (50 over)||278/7 (50 over)||PAK won by 59 runs|
Pakistan v West Indies World Cup History & Matches Results
Pakistan and West Indies have faced each other in World Cup matches for 9 times of which dominated and won six times and lost three times. West Indies won three times while batting first and three by bowling first.
Pak v Windies Face to Face World Cup Stats
|World Cup History||Pakistan||West Indies||Stage||Winner|
|World Cup 1975||266/7 (60 overs)||267/9 (59.4 overs)||Pool Match||West Indies won by 1 wicket|
|World Cup 1979||250 (56.2 overs)||293/6 (60 overs)||Semi-Final||West Indies won by 43 runs|
|World Cup 1983||184/8 (60 overs)||188/2 (48.4 overs)||Semi-Final||Windies won by 8 wicket|
|World Cup 1987||217/9 (50 overs)||216 (50 overs)||Pool Match||Pakistan won by 1 wicket|
|World Cup 1992||220/2 (50 overs)||221/0 (46.5 overs)||Pool Match||West Indies won by 10 wickets|
|World Cup 1996||—————————||—————————||—————————||—————————|
|World Cup 1999||229/8 (50 overs)||202 (48.5 overs)||Pool Match||Pakistan won by 27 runs|
|World Cup 2003||—————————||—————————||—————————||—————————|
|World Cup 2007||187 (47.2 overs)||241/9 (50 overs)||Pool Match||West Indies won by 54 runs|
|World Cup 2011||113/0 (20.5 overs)||112 (43.3 overs)||Quarter-finals||Pakistan won by 10 wicket|
|World Cup 2015||160 (39 overs)||310/6 (50 overs)||Pool Match||West Indies won by 150 runs|
Pak v Windies Face to Face World Cup Match Results
ICC World Cup 1975
Pakistan v West Indies first faced each other during the inaugural ICC World Cup 1975, during pool match while batting first Pakistan scored 266/7 in 60 overs per side, West Indies chased down the target in 59.4 overs and won by 1 wicket.
1979 ICC World Cup
West Indies v Pakistan faced each other during the second edition of ICC World Cup 1979 in a semi-final while batting first WI scored 293/6 in 60 overs and defended the total as Pakistan scored 250/10 all out in 56.2 overs and WI won by 43 runs.
ICC World Cup 1983
Windies v Pak during the 3rd edition of ICC World Cup 1983 in the semi-final while batting first Pakistan scored 184/8 in 60 overs ODI, WI successfully chased down the target with 188/2 in 48.4 overs and won by 8 wickets.
1987 ICC World Cup
Pakistan faced West Indies in the 4th edition of ICC World Cup 1987 in pool match while batting first WI scored 216 in 50 overs Pakistan chased down the target with 217/9 in 60 overs and won the 1 wickets. Pakistan beat WI for the first time in World Cup matches in 1987.
ICC World Cup 1992
West Indies v Pakistan both faced each other during the 5th edition of ICC World Cup 1992 in pool match while batting first Pakistan scored 220/2 in 50 overs WI chased target successfully without losing single wicket with 221/0 in 46.5 overs and claim victory over Pakistan by 10 wickets.
1999 ICC World Cup
Pakistan faced West Indies during the 7th edition of ICC World Cup 1999 in a pool match while batting first WI scored 202/10 all out in 48.5 overs, Pakistan chased target successfully with 229/8 in 50 overs and won by 27 runs.
ICC World Cup 2007
West Indies faced Pakistan during the 9th edition of ICC World Cup 2007 in a pool match and while batting first West Indies scored 241/9 runs in 50 overs and defended total successfully as Pakistan scored 187 runs all out in 47.2 overs WI won the match by 54 runs quite comfortably.
2011 ICC World Cup
Pakistan v WI faced each other in the quarter-final of the 10th edition of ICC World Cup in 2011, while batting first WI scored 112 all out in 43.3 overs, Pakistan chased down target successfully without losing a single wicket and dominated Windies with 113/0 in 20.5 overs and won by 10 wickets.
ICC World Cup 2015
Pakistan faced WI during the 11th edition of ICC World Cup 2015 in a pool match, while batting first WI scored 310/6 runs defended the total comfortably as Pakistani batting line shattered at 160 runs all out in 39 overs and WI won by 150 runs.
Both teams didn’t face each other in the World Cup 1996 and 2003 being in different pools.
Pakistan v West Indies Live Streaming World Cup 2019
Watch ICC World Cup 2019 online cricket streaming with ICC official broadcasters as announced by ICC. There are plenty of options for cricket fans to watch cricket matches online in their respective regions.
You can watch a cricket match in Sky Sports, HotStar, Willow TV, ESPN, Ten Sports, PTV Sports, Star Sports, Now TV, Digicel, Astro, OSN and Sonyliv.
Sky Sports Live Cricket Streaming Pakistan v West Indies
Cricket fans can from England, Ireland and Scotland can watch live cricket streaming of all ICC Cricket matches at Sky Sports channel, viewers can enjoy live streaming over Sky Sports Website and Sky Sports App.
Sky Sports Commentary
You can pick your favorite team to follow and configure your notifications and you will remain update from all updates regarding your favorite team players, their performance reports and commentary.
You can watch Sky Sports live streaming on your androids, IOS iPhones, iPad, iPod Touch because the app has been designed for dedicated sports live streaming surprisingly cluttering free and runs pretty smoothly.
Live Cricket Streaming Ten Sports; Pak v WI Ten Sports Live Streaming
Ten Sports is a dedicated sports channel that specifically lives stream cricket in Pakistan for international and domestic.
Ten sports have a live telecast on TV channel to watch live cricket action during domestic tournaments in Pakistan and different T20 international, national, domestic and franchise cricket for fans in Pak. lower-order
You can enjoy the Pak v WI Cricket World Cup 2019 match at Ten Sports Channel and Web streaming. If you face any trouble or interruption in live telecast than set your satellite on 105.5°E, SR 30000-¾, frequency 4180 V, band C-40 at AsiaSat 7.
Sony live Live Cricket Streaming Pakistan v West Indies
For watching thrilling power show between Pakistan and West Indies cricket fans Pakistan will be able to watch live cricket streaming on Sony Liv. Viewers can watch on Sonyliv channel, Sonyliv App and web streaming.