Mujeeb Ur Rahman is a slow right-arm spin bowler and a right-handed batsman who has represented Afghanistan National Cricket Team in all three formats of International cricket.
He developed as a carrom ball, the flick of a finger and off break spin bowler on the Afghan side. Mujeeb started watching Ajantha Mendis YouTube videos and loves to bowl the tough overs in the match, towards the death, and in the powerplay
Notable Performances & Records
Table of Contents
The youngest bowler in the history of ODI cricket to take five wickets haul, which he took against at the age of 16 years and 325 days.
He made his first appearance in 2017 ACC Under-19 Asia Cup organized by Asia Cricket Council and took 25 wickets in five matches and help his team in winning the maiden title against runner up Pakistan U-19 team.
His ODI debut against Ireland turned lucky for him as he took 4/24 at Sharjah Cricket Association Stadium on December 05, 2017.
World Cup Qualifier Tournament
Mujeeb played the 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier tournament which is List A format of ICC and helped his team to qualify for the first time to ICC mega event ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 against the runner up Zimbabwe.
He took his maiden ODI five wickets to haul against Zimbabwe at Sharjah and dismissed Hamilton Masakadza, Solomon Mire, Graeme Cremer, Kyle Jarvis, and Blessing Muzarabani.
The star bowler has represented the Afghan U-19 in the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World hosted by New Zealand.
Afghanistan Test Debut
He became part of the Afghanistan National Cricket Team squad for their first ever Test match and became part of playing XI against India.
Mujeeb made his List A cricket debut in the 2017 Ghazi Amanullah Khan Regional One Day Tournament on 10 August 2017 for Speen Ghar Region.
Franchise & T20 Cricket Performances
- He made his debut in the Bangladesh Premier League to play for Comilla Victorians in the 5th edition of BPL.
- Mujeeb has played English County Championship for Hampshire County Cricket Club in the Natwest T20 Blast.
- He has played for Nangarhar in the first edition of Afghanistan Premier League in September 2018 and became the leading wicket-taker with 12 dismissals in 9 matches.
- Mujeeb made his debut in the Indian Premier League for Kings XI Punjab in IPL 2018 edition and became the youngest IPL player at the age of 17 years and 11 days.
- He made his debut in the domestic T20 cricket tournament in the 2017 Shpageeza Cricket League for Boost Defenders.
Mujeeb International & First Class Career Stats
|Match Format||Test||ODI||T20||First Class|
|ICC Batting Rankings||–||–||–||–|
|ICC Bowling Rankings||–||–||–||–|
Mujeeb Profile and Major Teams
|Full Name||Mujeeb Ur Rahman Zadran|
|Date of Birth||28 March 2001 Khost, Afghanistan|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm off break|
|Test Debut||14 June 2018 v India (cap 7)|
|ODI Debut||5 December 2017 v Ireland (cap 43)|
|T20 Debut||5 February 2018 v Zimbabwe (cap 36)|
|Last Test||14 June 2018 v India|
|Last ODI||10 March 2019 v Ireland|
|Last T20||23 February 2018 v Ireland|
|Major Teams||Afghanistan, Afghanistan Under-19s, Bengal Tigers, Brisbane Heat, Comilla Victorians, Hampshire, Kabul Zalmi, Khost Province, Khost Province Under-17s, Kings XI Punjab, Mis Ainak Knights, Speen Ghar Region|