Mohammad Nabi is a batting all-rounder a strong middle-order batsman who can bowl flighted off-spin and former Afghan Cricket captain. Nabi has represented his national side Afghanistan Cricket Team in all three formats of International Cricket. Nabi has played all qualifying mega first-class cricket formats of ICC to obtain Test, ODI and T20I status for staggering Afghanistan Cricket.
Mohammad Nabi was born in Logar, Afghanistan but raised in Pakistan as a refugee along with his teammates Mohammad Shahzad, Asghar Afghan, Hamid Hassan, and Shapoor Zadran. He has played his first-class cricket in Pakistan. Nabi has played a very competitive domestic structure cricket in Pakistan as he got trained from former Pakistani Test cricket Arshad Khan’s Academy in Peshawar.
Mohammad Nabi Notable Performances & Records
- Mohammad Nabi captained Afghanistan Cricket Team in their first ever mega tournament in the Asia Cup 2014, Afghanistan Team won their first ever ODI match against a Test Playing nation when they defeated Bangladesh. Afghanistan went to play 2014 ICC World Twenty20 and the 2015 Cricket World Cup but could win a single game, Nabi resigned as captain.
- Nabi played for the first time for Afghanistan Cricket Team in 2006 when his team made their very first abroad tour against Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) in Mumbai, India. In 2007 Mohammad Nabi made his first-class cricket debut for Afghanistan Cricket Team as Afghan Team A against Sri Lanka A.
- Nabi played his first-class cricket in the strong domestic structure of Pakistan as he raised in Pakistan, moved from Afghanistan at the age of 10 and resided in Peshawar from 2007-10.
- Nabi played his first-class cricket in the Bangladesh domestic divisional first class cricket structure while representing Mohammedan Sporting Club in the Dhaka Premier League from 2013-15.
- Mohammad Nabi played his first-class cricket for Afghanistan in the 2009–10 ICC Intercontinental Cup against a Zimbabwe XI, scoring a century and taking 3/90 in the first innings.
- Nabi became first Afghan bowler to take 100 ODI wickets while playing 2018 Cricket World Cup Qualifier match against the West Indies on March 15, 2018.
- Mohammad Nabi became first Afghan Cricketer to play 100 ODI matches during a tour of Ireland in August 2018.
- In April 2019, he was named in Afghanistan’s squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
Mohammad Nabi Franchise & T20 Cricket Performances
- Nabi played his first-class cricket for Mis Ainak Knights, a region representing southeast Afghanistan for first-class cricket structure during season 2017.
- Mohammad Nabi made his debut in the Bangladesh Premier League while representing Sylhet Royals during the second edition of BPL in 2013 and later played for Rangpur Riders, Chittagong Vikings, and Comilla Victorians.
- Mohammad Nabi made his debut in the Pakistan Super League and represented Quetta Gladiators during the inaugural edition of PSL 2016.
- Nabi made his debut in the Indian Premier League for Sunrisers Hyderabad during IPL 2017 season and retained by the same franchise until the most recent IPL 2019 edition.
- Nabi made his debut in the KFC Big Bash League for Melbourne Renegades in 2017 and retained by the same franchise until the most recent BBL 2018 edition.
- Nabi made his debut in the English County Championship for Leicestershire County Cricket Club during English County season 2018.
- Nabi made his debut in the Afghanistan Premier League inaugural edition for Balkh Legends in September 2018.
- Nabi made his debut in the Caribbean Premier League for St Kitts and Nevis Patriots during CPL 2017 edition.
Nabi ICC Rankings, International & First Class Career Stats
|Match Format||Test||ODI||T20||First Class|
|ICC Batting Rankings||–||51||30||–|
|ICC Bowling Rankings||–||–||–||–|
Nabi Profile, Cricket Debut, Major Teams & Social Profiles
|Full Name||Mohammad Nabi Essa Khel|
|Date of Birth||1 January 1985 Logar, Afghanistan|
|Height||5 feet 9 inches|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm off break|
|Test Debut||14 June 2018 v India (cap 5)|
|ODI Debut||19 April 2009 v Scotland (cap 7)|
|T20 Debut||1 February 2010 v Ireland (cap 5)|
|Last Test||15 March 2019 v Ireland|
|Last ODI||10 March 2019 v Ireland|
|Last T20||24 February 2019 v Ireland|
|Major Teams||Afghanistan, Chittagong Vikings, Leicestershire,Marylebone Cricket Club, Melbourne Renegades,Pakistan Customs, Quetta Gladiators,St Kitts and Nevis Patriots, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Sylhet Royals|
Mohammad Nabi as Captain Career
|Matches Format||Matches||Won||Lost||Drawn||Tied||No result||Win %|