Cricket match between England and South Africa has always been noticed for their competitiveness in all batting, fielding and partnership building techniques. England vs South Africa contest is going to take place with the very first and opening match of the World Cup.
Cricket World Cup 2019
- Cricket World Cup 12th edition is just about to start at the end of May 2019, will be contested between the top 10 teams according to ICC ODI rankings.v
- ICC Tournament includes England, Australia, Pakistan, Indian, South Africa, New Zealand, West Indies, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, and World Cup qualifier Afghanistan.
- The World Cup qualification is open to all team members of International Cricket Council, although highest-ranking teams receive automatic qualification.
- The most interesting thing happened during ICC mega event when as ICC associate member Kenya qualified for the World Cup in 2003.
- Australia has most title wins with five, West Indies and India twice each, Pakistan and Sri Lanka have won once.
In this content we have covered the following areas;
- England and South Africa Squads
- Top-order, middle order, lower-order batting
- Batting and bowling all-rounders
- Teams fast & spin bowlers
- Recent Five ODI’s South Africa v England
- Kia Oval Ground highest/lowest totals defended & chased
- Oval Ground average 1st and second innings scores
- The Oval Ground favorable Toss winning team should bat first
- Face to Face England v South Africa World Cup History and Records
- South Africa v England Live Streaming Channels, Apps and Web Streaming
England v South Africa Team Squads
Table of Contents
- 1 England v South Africa Batting, Bowling and Team Comparison
- 2 Oval Ground Records
- 3 Toss Winning/Loss Importance at The Oval Ground
- 4 Face to Face England v SA World Cup History and Records
- 5 Live Streaming Channels, Apps and Web Streaming
For more detail visit player profiles, ICC rankings, career stats, biography, Notable Performances & Records, international Test, ODI, T20, franchise T20 cricket stats, highest runs, five wickets haul, centuries and recent news. Click on each players name.
|England||Eoin Morgan (c), Jos Buttler (wk), Jonny Bairstow, Joe Root, Jason Roy, Ben Stokes, Alex Hales*, Moeen Ali, Joe Denly, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood, David Willey, Chris Woakes, Tom Curran, Liam Plunkett|
|South Africa||Faf du Plessis (c), Quinton de Kock (wk), Hashim Amla, Rassie van der Dussen, JP Duminy, David Miller, Aiden Markram, Dwaine Pretorius, Imran Tahir, Chris Morris, Kagiso Rabada, Andile Phehlukwayo, Tabraiz Shamsi, Dale Steyn, Lungi Ngidi|
England v South Africa Batting, Bowling and Team Comparison
Top Order Batting Line
England Batting Line
- There are plenty of options for Team England in the top order, a middle-order batsman who has done well during the recent times and clinched victories for their team.
- Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, and Joe Denly as an opening batsman who can give flying start to score a big total. Although they have not done well so far against South African bowling.
South Africa Batting Line
SA has the best batting line with the opening star batsman Q de Kock wicket-keeper batsman who usually opens the batting for SA in all three formats of International Cricket.
Aiden Markram and de Kock
Along with Quinton de, Kock SA has Rassie van der Dussen and Aiden Markram as opening pair with de Kock.
Quinton de Kock have batting averages of 45.56 in ODI’s with his highest individual runs 178, however, van der Dussen and Markram have not played that much international cricket as for experienced de Kock.
Q de Kock and Hashim Amla
- Hashim Amla is another key for South Africa top-order batting line who usually opens innings for South Africa or comes 2nd wicket.
- SA top-order batting line is very competitive in the presence of Hashim Amla and Quinton de Kock who have to give SA a solid opening start at various games and secured victory for SA as well.
- Amla has scored his highest Test individual runs against England with 311* unbeaten at Oval Cricket Ground.
Middle Order Batting Line
England Middle Order Batting
In top-order batting line England has informed batsman Joe Root and Eoin Morgan who en route and build innings calmly and once set on crease than keep going with the pace especially Joe Root and.
Joe Root is able to attune his game to the highest level by building his inning at sneaking runs and his patience and stubbornness at the crease made him backbone for England batting line.
Dependency over Top order
Root batting averages of 35 approx with the striking rate of 86, he can do a better job for England at the top as he bats at one down is good especially in last twenty overs of the game as he takes time to settle on the crease and once he routes himself than keep maintaining his run rates.
South Africa Middle Order Batting Line
- SA has a promising and consistent middle-order batting line with South African skipper Faf du Plessis and David Miller who build innings for SA for a solid and big total.
- Faf du Plessis is known as one of the best batsmen SA have now after Jacques Kallis. Du Plessis is best known for his aggressive ball striking and quick runs scoring in the middle overs especially once he is on the crease he loves to absorb pressure and build innings.
Batting and Bowling All-Rounder
England All Rounders
- Ben Stokes, Moeen Ali and David Willey have the hard-hitting ability and can go with the run rate of 6 or over 7 in middle overs, as all three have a 90+ strike rate.
- Moeen Ali batting averages are 26.44 with the strike rate of 104.47 and Ben Stokes batting averages are 36.42 with the strike rate of 94.65.
South Africa All Rounders
- SA is playing with JP Duminy as best batting and Chris Morris as a bowling all-rounder. Duminy is a classy left-hander with a full range of shots with cover drive, square cut, quick wrists, and athletic fielding.
- Despite having best bowling stars in South Africa World Cup 2019 squads, South Africa have a speed gun in the form of Chris Morris who bowls at 140 kmph and bats fearlessly in the lower-order.
Fast & Spin Bowling
England Bowling Unit
- Chris Woakes, Liam Plunkett and Adil Rashid. Chris Woakes has been good especially against the South African batting line as he took 4/38 in his 8 overs spell.
- Liam Plunkett has not been good against SA batting as he has a 5.25 economy rate and has taken 4 wickets.
- Adil Rashid has taken just 5 wickets and conceded 6.11 economy rate against South Africa during the last five matches.
South Africa Bowling Unit
- South Africa has the best bowling side in the world with their five best bowlers in the world who are in 25 ICC Bowler Rankings.
- SA has the most economical bowling line in the World Cup right now which includes Dale Steyn, Lungi Ngidi, Andile Phehlukwayo and Kagiso Rabada who added real value in making SA fast bowling.
- Imran Tahir and Tabraiz Shamsi both are useful spin bowlers for SA.
ENG v SA WC 2019 Match Venue, Oval Cricket Stadium, London
|Highest Total||398/5 (50 Ov) by NZ vs Eng|
|Lowest Total||103/10 (41 Ov) by Eng vs RSA|
|Highest Chased||322/3 (48.4 Ov) by SL vs IND|
|Lowest Defended||241/10 (49.4 Ov) by PAK vs Eng|
|Highest individual score||162-Jason Roy|
|Leading ODI Runs Scorer||573-Eoin Morgan|
|Highest Test Individual Runs||311*-Hashim Amla|
|Avg 1st in score||247|
|Avg 2nd in score||213|
Oval Ground Records
Kennington Oval Stadium will host the very first match of ICC World Cup 2019 between England and South Africa. According to Oval Ground fixture for 2019 World Cup, Oval will host an exciting contest between India and Australia on June 09, 2019 at the same time and a single warm-up match between India and New Zealand.
Average Oval Pitch Conditions
- Due to historically drier surfaces, The Oval Pitch carries bounce, a bit seam, and reverse depends upon humidity level.
- Bowlers can get bit pace and energy but it’s hard to create bounce especially second innings when pitch turns dead.
- The Oval Ground pitches remain dry especially during summer in England.
Highest total scored at The Oval Ground
Total is 398/5 (50 overs) that has been scored by New Zealand against England June 12, 2015, when NZ captain Kane Williamson scored 93 runs and Ross Taylor scored a century with 119 runs and in return Eoin Morgan scored 88 runs off 47 balls, England ended with 365/9 (46 overs), NZ won the match by 13 runs with D/L method.
Lowest total scored at The Oval Ground
England against South Africa during ICC World Cup, 1999 with 103/10 all out when South Africa scored 225/7 and in return, Allan Donald bowled superbly and took 4/17 with a single maiden over in his 8 overs spell.
Highest total chased at The Oval Cricket Ground
- Sri Lanka against India during ICC Champions Trophy 2017. During the 8th match of Champions Trophy, India scored 321/6 (50 overs) with Rohit Sharma 78 and Shikhar Dhawan 125 runs.
- Moreover, India lost as Sri Lanka scored 322/3 in (48.3 overs) with Danushka Gunathilaka 76, Kusal Mendis 89, Kusal Perera 47 and Angelo Mathews 52 runs.
The lowest total defended at The Oval Cricket Ground
The least total of 241/10 by Pakistan against England. England batting line shattered by Umar Gul superb bowling spell with his 6/42 bowling figure on September 17, 2010.
Toss Winning/Loss Importance at The Oval Ground
The Kia Oval Cricket Ground are pitch remains dry and favorably toss winning team should bat first as it seems the best way to secure victory at the Oval with the surface usually start out very good for batting.
While batting first at Oval Ground the average scores are 247 runs and average while batting second or in the chase are 213 runs that clearly seems favorable for a toss winning team to bat first.
Averages at Kia Oval
- The average bowling strike rate at Oval Ground is 36.62 that’s not that much good for bowling first, so preferably toss winning team should bat first.
- The average run rate per over RPO at Kia Oval is 4.84 that shows team batting first will score at least 275 or more.
Face to Face England v SA World Cup History and Records
England is a member of ICC since it’s inaugural World Cup 1975 while South Africa was debutant in the 1992 World Cup.
Team England made five times ICC World Cup and qualification to Semi-Finals during World Cup 1975, 1979,1983,1987,1992 and qualified for WC Final in 1979, 1992 but never won the title.
Face2Face Match Results
- South Africa being debut in ICC 1992 World Cup qualified for Semi-Final but lost to England and later qualified for WC semi-final in 1999, 2007, 2015 but never qualified for World Cup Final.
- England and South Africa have faced each other in World Cup 1992 twice, 1996, 1999, 2007 and 2011 however couldn’t face each other being in different pools.
- Historically Eng and SA have 50% winning records against each other in the World Cup.
- In the early two, World Cup matches between 1992 and 1996 South Africa lost to England but in the next three mega-event matches, both teams faced each other in four times of which SA won three times.
- England and South Africa have faced each other for the last time in World Cup 2011, which England beat SA by 6 runs in a nail-biting contest.
England v South Africa World Cup Matches Results
|World Cup History||South Africa||England||Winner|
|World Cup 1992||236/4 (50 overs)||226/7 (40.5 overs)||England won by 3 wickets (Rain)|
|World Cup 1992||252/6 (45 overs)||232/6 (43 overs)||England won by 20 runs|
|World Cup 1996||230 all out (50 overs)||152 all out (44.3 overs)||South Africa won by 78 runs|
|World Cup 1999||225/7 (50 overs)||103 (41 overs)||South Africa won by 122 runs|
|World Cup 2003||—————————||—————————||—————————|
|World Cup 2007||154 (48 overs)||157/1 (19.2 overs)||South Africa won by 9 wickets|
|World Cup 2011||171 (45.4 overs)||165 (47.4 overs)||England won by 6 runs|
|World Cup 2015||—————————||—————————||—————————|
Recent Five ODI’s South Africa v England
- England and South Africa have not played ODI since May 2017, however, look at the stats of matches between South Africa and England three matches have been won by SA and two by England
- England while batting first against South Africa, has scored 300 plus and defended the total in the last five ODI’s.
- South Africa while batting first against England, has scored 250 plus and defended the totals in the last five ODI’s.
- SA While defending totals against England have a huge margin of victory by winning matches three, six or even ten overs to spare.
- SA v Eng matches have always been a matter of defending totals, England hasn’t successfully defended totals against SA.
Last Five ODI’s England v South Africa Results
|May 29, 2017||156/3 (28.5/50 overs)||153 (31.1 over)||South Africa won by 7 wickets (with 127 balls remaining)|
|May 27, 2017||328/5 (50 over)||330/6 (50 over)||ENG won by 2 runs|
|May 24, 2017||267 (45/50 overs)||339/6 (50 over)||England won by 72 runs|
|Feb 14, 2016||237/5 (44/50 overs)||236 (50 over)||SA won by 5 wickets (with 36 balls remaining)|
|Feb 12, 2016||266/9 (47.2/50 overs)||262 (50 over)||South Africa won by 1 wicket (with 16 balls remaining)|
Live Streaming Channels, Apps and Web Streaming
PTV Sports Live Streaming
- Pakistan has the craziest cricket fan base, Pakistani fans can watch online cricket on PTV Sports.
- The channel is a dedicated channel in Pakistan for cricket streaming in Pakistan and also covers hockey, football, and other domestic tournaments.
- The channel facilitates smartphone android users who can match all matches of World Cup 2019 especially England v South Africa at PTV Sports Mobile Apps.
Sky Sports Live Cricket Streaming
- Watch live cricket match streaming of the ICC 2019 Cricket World Cup between England and South Africa.
- Viewers from England and Wales, Scotland and the Republic of Ireland can watch cricket matches streaming on Sky Sports Channel, website and Sky Sports Apps.
- Don’t worry you can enjoy cricket streaming live on Sky Sports App and website without irritating & disturbing ads.
OSN Live Cricket Streaming
- Viewers from East Africa and the Arab world can watch Cricket World Cup 2019 online at OSN channel, website, and App.
- OSN is a dedicated sport and entertainment channel which broadcast cricket, football, and other sports in the above-mentioned territories.
ESPN Live Cricket Streaming
- ESPN has obtained broadcasting rights from ICC for World Cup live streaming and will televised match between England and South Africa.
- Cricket fans from the Caribbean and Brazil region will be able to watch cricket live streaming via ESPN channel, website and ESPN Play App.
HotStar Live Cricket Streaming
- The channel has obtained official broadcasting rights from ICC and is a major media partner with ICC.
- HotStar will broadcast all matches in the USA, Canada, India, and Bangladesh region.
South Africa v England Cricket World Cup Live Streaming
- Cricket fans from Brunei and Malaysia will be able to watch all matches on Astro Channel, website and live streaming app.
- Spectators from South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Central Africa will be able to watch all matches on Super Sports Channel, website and App.
- Cricket fans from the Caribbean, Central America, and Oceania region will be able to watch live streaming Eng v SA at Digicel channel, website, and App.
- Cricket fans from Hong Kong will watch SA v England live streaming at Now Channel, website and Now App.
Disclaimer: We don’t provide any live streaming - It’s just an informative Content that can help you!