ICC Mega event has been dominated by the Australian Cricket Team as they qualified most of the time by maximum times as compared to other teams. Cricket World Cup Semi Final Team List comprises Australia qualified for the SEVEN times which is most of the time out of total 11 Cricket WC editions.
Australia has most Cricket World Cup Semi-Finals appearances-Only team which Never defeated in Semi-Final.
International Cricket Council ICC organized 11 World Cup editions so far since 1975 inaugural to 2015 the most recent World Cup. Total 18 cricket nations participated in all World Cup editions 9 of them qualified for the knockout semi-final stage and 5 were successive to claim World Cup championship title.
Australia and New Zealand have most semi-finals appearances with 7. Pakistan and India joined the 2nd spot to qualify for the World Cup semi-finals stage with 6 times. Australia won the World cup title for the 5 times the most wins by any nation in the World Cup history.
Cricket World Cup Semi Final Team List
Table of Contents
- 1 Cricket World Cup Semi Final Team List
- 1.1 Teams Most Appearances in Cricket World Cup
- 1.2 WC Semi-Finals Appearances
|Teams||Semi Final Appearance||Semi Final lose||Final Appearance||Final Lose||World Cup Won|
Teams Most Appearances in Cricket World Cup
|Teams||Qualify for World Cup Semi-Finals||WC Final Played|
|Australia||1975,1987,1996, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015||1987, 1999, 2003, 2007, 2015|
|New Zealand||1975, 1979, 1992, 1999, 2007, 2011, 2015||2015|
|Pakistan||1979,1983,1987,1992, 1999, 2011||1992, 2011|
|India||1983, 1987, 1996, 2003, 2011, 2015||1983, 1987, 2003, 2011|
|England||1975, 1979,1983,1987,1992||1979, 1992|
|Sri Lanka||1996, 2003, 2007, 2011||1996, 2011|
|South Africa||1992, 1999, 2007, 2015||–|
|West Indies||1975, 1979,1983 1996||1975, 1979,1983|
WC Semi-Finals Appearances
Australia Cricket Team
- Australia is the only team in World Cup history that remains unbeaten in a knockout stage of the WC semi-final.
- Team Australia made 7 times most appearances in WC semi-finals and qualified for World Cup final stage.
- Australia became 5 times champion after defeating India, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, and New Zealand during World Cup 1987, 1999, 2003, 2007 and 2015 respectively.
- The Cricket Team of Australia lost two semi-finals to West Indies and Sri Lanka during World Cup 1975 and 1996.
New Zealand Cricket Team
- New Zealand qualified for the 7 times for World Cup semi-finals, lost 6 of them and just one time qualified for the World Cup final during the 2015 World Cup.
- Cricket Team of New Zealand lost 6 semifinals to West Indies, England, Pakistan 2 times, Sri Lanka 2 times during World Cup 1975,1979, 1992,1999, 2007 and 2011 respectively.
- New Zealand qualified for the first time after defeating South Africa during ICC World Cup 2015 in a nail-biting contest at Willington, New Zealand.
- NZ remains unlucky to lift the World Cup Trophy for the first time after losing to Australia in the final match.
Pakistan Cricket Team
- Pakistan qualified for Cricket World Cup for the 6 times of which Pakistan win just two times and qualified for the Cricket World Cup final.
- The Cricket Team of Pakistan contested Cricket World Cup semi-finals with West Indies 2 times in (1979,1983), Australia 1987, and India 2011. Pakistan lost all these semi-finals from these nations.
- Pakistan contests two semi-finals against New Zealand during Cricket World Cup (1992, 1999) and won both to qualify for the World Cup final.
- PAK became champion for the first time after defeating England during World Cup 1992 under the captaincy of Imran Khan.
- Australia beat Pakistan during the 1999 Cricket World Cup and claimed their 2nd World Cup win and equals the record of most World Cup wins with Windies.
India Cricket Team
- India has six semi-final appearance to the Cricket World Cup of which India won 4 and appeared in World Cup Finals.
- Team India reached Cricket World Cup semi-finals and contested West Indies, England, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Pakistan, and Australia during World Cup 1983, 1987, 1996, 2003, 2011 and 2015 respectively.
- India won four WC semi-finals against England 2 times, Kenya and Pakistan during ICC mega event 1983,1987, 2003 and 2011 respectively.
- IND became the 3rd country after Australia and West Indies to win more than One Cricket World Cup.
England Cricket Team
- England hosted four times World Cup on their soil but couldn’t make a single Cricket World Cup title win.
- English Cricket Team qualified for the Cricket World Cup semi-finals for the 5 times, just won two of them and appeared in finals.
- The Cricket Team of England appeared in World Cup semi-finals and contested with New Zealand 2 times, India 2 times, Pakistan 1 times during ICC mega event 1975,1979,1983, 1987 and 1992 respectively.
- ENG is the only country to have 5 times consecutive appearances in the first five World Cup editions.
- England won just two semi-finals against New Zealand and South Africa during ICC Cricket World Cup 1979 and 1992.
South Africa Cricket Team
- South Africa have four times appearance in Cricket World Cup but never qualified for the World Cup finals.
- SA contested four semifinals and first time appeared in WC 1992 against England, Australia 2 times, New Zealand during ICC mega event 1992, 1999,2007 and 2015 respectively.
- South Africa lost 1999 WC semi-final in super over, the match was tied. A most deserving WC title nation never made their way to finals.
West Indies Cricket Team
- West Indies qualified for the four times Cricket World Cup semi-finals. Windies made their 3 consecutive semi-finals appearances in the first three World Cup editions.
- Windies won two semi-finals and lost 2 as well. West Indies won the first two World Cup titles after beating Australia and England in 1975 and 1979 respectively.
- West Indies lost their Two semi-finals against India and Australia during ICC mega event 1983 and 1996 respectively.
- WI made their semi-finals appearance during World Cup 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1996. Won first two and became World Champion and lost two during 1983 and 1996.
Sri Lanka Cricket Team
- Sri Lanka has four times appearances in Cricket World Cup, became world champion in the 1996 World Cup.
- SL appeared in World Cup semi-finals for the first time in 1996, also won the first title in this World Cup.
- Sri Lanka qualified for the World Cup semi-finals and contested with India, Australia, New Zealand 2 times during Cricket World Cup 1996, 2003, 2007 and 2011 respectively.
- Lankan qualified for semi-finals for 3 consecutive times.
Kenya Cricket Team
- Kenya is the only non-Test playing nation to qualify for the World Cup semi-finals.
- The Kenya Cricket Team Surprisingly appeared for the first time in the World Cup during ICC World Cup 2003 8th edition.
- India opted to bat first and set a massive target for Kenya inexperience side of 270/4 in 50 overs.
- While chasing down target Kenya bowled for 179 runs all out in 46.2 overs.