Chris Gayle is a West Indian International Cricketer who has represented West Indies Cricket Team in all three formats of International cricket. He is left-handed batting all-rounder and right-arm off-break bowler. Gayle usually opens batting innings for West Indies in all formats and is former captain of the WI team in all three formats of International Cricket.
Gayle is a well-known cricketer and widely acknowledged as one the most destructive batsman in the history of International cricket especially in limited-overs cricket, whether he played International cricket or franchise cricket. He has a triple century in a Test match and a double century in One Day International. In April 2019, he was named in the West Indies’ squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup. Chris Gayle T20 Cricket Records
Gayle is the only batsman to score centuries in all mega event of ICC including U-19 World Cup, T20 World Cup, Champions Trophy, Cricket World Cup and World Cup qualifier. Gayle became the first batsman to score a century in all formats of International Cricket when he first smashed 117 runs against South Africa in 2007 ICC T20 Cricket World Cup.
Only 4th player of the Cricket history to score 2 triple centuries in a Test match which he scored against South Africa with 317 in 2005 and against Sri Lanka with 333 in 2010. He is the only player to carry the bat, once all out on other end and he remained unbeaten in Test and T20 and is first to record this feat.
Intl. Cricket Records
- Gayle became the first batsman to score a T20I with 117 runs against South Africa in the very first match of the 2007 World Twenty20.
- He became 3rd West Indian to score over 1000 runs in a calendar year after Sir Viv Richards and Brian Lara in 2002.
- Gayle is the second after Brian Lara to score 10000 or more runs and 14th overall in One Day International.
- First batsman to score a double hundred in ICC World Cup with 215 runs off 138 balls against Zimbabwe
- A first batsman of the world to hit a six on the very first ball of the Test match in 2012.
- He is the 3rd batsman to score a century against 11 cricket nations in One Day International.
- Gayle has a record of most sixes in International Cricket with 515 and most in T20I with 103.
Chris Gayle Career Stats
|Match Format||Test||ODI||T20||First Class|
|ICC Batting Rankings||-||39||68||-|
|ICC Bowling Rankings||-||-||-||-|
Gayle as Captain Career
|Matches Format||Matches||Won||Lost||Drawn||Tied||No result||Win %|