Hashim Mohammad Amla who is commonly known as Hashim Amla. He represented the South Africa team in all formats of International Cricket. He captained South Africa National Team as a Test captain from June 2014 to January 2016. Amla is a right-handed opening batsman who usually opens the batting in all formats and an occasional off-break bowler.
Hashim Amla has received Order of Ikhamanga by the President of South Africa. Its the highest National Award for South African to achievements in arts, culture, literature, music, journalism, and sports. Amla was named in Boland cricket team squad for the Africa T20 Cup in 2015. Amla played his first-class cricket for KwaZulu-Natal Dolphins from 1999 to 2013 and he moved to the Cape Cobras in 2013 to date.
He also leads his team during U-19 Cricket World Cup 2002. The tournament hosted by New Zealand and led his team to the final. He is best known for his utmost consistent performances in all formats of International Cricket. Amla is the fastest cricketer to reach 10 ODI centuries and 4000 runs, requiring 8 innings fewer than Sir Viv Richards.
Hashim Amla is the highest individual who runs scorer in a Test match with 311* for South Africa. He scored in July 2012 at The Oval Cricket Stadium, London against England. He is the first South African captain to score a Test century against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka. First South African batsman to score 25 centuries in ODIs.
Intl. Cricket Stats
- Amla is the fastest batsman to reach 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th and 20th centuries in One Day International. With his 86th, 94th, 98th, 102nd and 108th innings in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Amla scored 159 runs in a World Cup match against Ireland on the 24th match and formed a highest-ever partnership of 247 runs with Faf du Plessis and ended up innings with 411/5.
- Fastest cricketer to reach 8th, 9th, 11th, 13th, 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 20th. And 21st, 22nd, 23rd, 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th One Day International centuries.
- He has played a three-match T20I series against Pakistan in the 2017 Independence Cup in Lahore. In August 2017 being part of the World XI squad.
- Amla is the fastest player to reach 2000-to-7000 runs exact slot in 40th, 59th, 81st, 101st, 123rd. And 150th One Day International innings respectively.
- First South African and 4th overall to score 25 centuries in Test and One Day International after Kumar Sangakkara, Sachin Tendulkar and Kumar Sangakkara.
- Amla formed a partnership of 282* as on opening pair without losing any wicket and set a record of the highest partnership along with de Kock against Bangladesh in 2017.
T20 Cricket Career
Amla made his debut Essex in the English County Championship in 2009. He played for Nottinghamshire, Surrey, Derbyshire, and Hampshire. During the English County season 2009, 2010, 2013, 2015 and 2018 respectively. He made his debut in the Caribbean Premier League for Trinbago Knight Riders. He is currently head coach to Peshawar Zalmi the team competing in Pakistan Super League.
During CPL season 2016 and 2017 and has played for Barbados Tridents during CPL season 2018. Amla was auctioned to Durban Heat for the inaugural edition of the South African Mzansi Super League Twenty20 tournament in October 2018. He made his debut in the Indian Premier League for Kings XI Punjab during IPL season 2016.
Hashim Amla Career Stats
Hashim Amla Profile
|Full Name||Hashim Mahomed Amla|
|Date of Birth||31 March 1983 Durban, Natal Province, South Africa|
|Height||1.83 m (6 ft 0 in)|
|Batting Style||Right hand|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm off-break Right-arm medium-fast|
|Test Debut||28 November 2004 v India (cap 295)|
|ODI Debut||9 March 2008 v Bangladesh (cap 90)|
|T20 Debut||13 January 2009 v Australia (cap 38)|
|Major Teams||South Africa, Barbados Tridents, Cape Cobras, Derbyshire, Dolphins, Essex, Kings XI Punjab, KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa XI, Trinbago Knight Riders, World-XI|