Matthew James Henry is a right-arm medium-fast bowler and a right-handed batsman who plays for New Zealand National Cricket Team. Matt Henry was born on December 14, 1991, Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand. He has represented NZ national team for Test and One Day International formats of the International Cricket Council. In April 2019, he was named in New Zealand squad for the 2019 Cricket World Cup.
Henry played the first ICC mega event when he was named as 15 men squad for ICC World Cup 2015. He is the first match of the tournament at the knockout stage and remained wicketless against South Africa in the World Cup semi-final. However, he picked up two early wickets of David Warner and Michael Clarke in the mega event final at Melbourne against Australia.
Cricket Career Stats
- Henry formed the highest 9th wicket partnership of 84 runs for New Zealand against India in March 2018 with Jimmy Neesham.
- Matt Henry started his first-class cricket career from his birthplace Canterbury and made his debut in the Plunket Shield against Willington in March 2011.
- He made his first international appearance when he made his debut in one-day international cricket against India on 31 January 2014.
- During the same year, he made his T20 International debut for New Zealand against Pakistan on December 4, 2014, in the United Arab Emirates.
- Henry represented Kent during English first-class cricket season 2018 and took his best innings and match bowling figure of 12/73, his first 10 wickets haul.
- Henry played in the Indian Premier League for Chennai Super Kings and Kings XI Punjab during IPL 2015 and IPL 2017.
- Matt Henry represented Worcestershire and Derbyshire during English County Championship in the 2016 NatWest T20 Blast and 2017 NatWest T20 Blast.
Matt Henry Career Stats
|Match Format||Test||ODI||T20||First Class|
|ICC Batting Rankings||-||-||-||-|
|ICC Bowling Rankings||61||14||-||-|
Matt Henry Profile
|Full Name||Matthew James Henry|
|Date of Birth||14 December 1991 Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Height||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Test Debut||21 May 2015 v England (cap 266)|
|ODI Debut||31 January 2014 v India (cap 183)|
|T20 Debut||4 December 2014 v Pakistan (cap 65)|
|Last Test||8 March 2019 v Bangladesh|
|Last ODI||16 February 2019 v Bangladesh|
|Last T20||3 January 2017 v Bangladesh|
|Major Teams||New Zealand, Canterbury, Canterbury Under-17s, Canterbury Under-19s, Chennai Super Kings, Derbyshire, Kings XI Punjab, New Zealand A|