The Kennington Oval cricket ground is a busiest cricket ground in England as likely with Lords or Manchester grounds. Oval Ground remains busy throughout the season as it hosts all major tournaments for domestic, national and international cricket events. The Oval Cricket Stadium hosts NatWest T20 Blast, National T20 Cup and all cricket series of team England. Whenever England have Test, ODI or T20 series, Oval hosts at least a match from the series. Oval Cricket Ground Fixture is available at the official website of the cricket ground.
Cricket World Cup 2019 scheduled to be hosted by England and Wales starting from May 30 to July 14, 2019. The 12th edition of One Day International cricket format that will be administered by the International Cricket Council with round-robin and knockout tournament format. The mega tournament will be played between the top 10 cricket teams of the world and 48 matches in total. This is the 5th time that Cricket World Cup will be held in England and Wales. Previously England hosted the 1975 World Cup, 1979 World Cup, 1983 World Cup and 1999 World Cup.
Oval hosted the 100th Test match between England v South Africa on July 27, 2017, and became 4th Test Venue in the world after Lord’s, MCS and SCG. Moeen Ali became the first-ever player to take a Test hat-trick at the Oval.
ICC Mega Event
|May 30, 2019||Thursday||England Vs South Africa||Kennington Oval||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|June 2, 2019||Sunday||South Africa Vs Bangladesh||Kennington Oval||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|June 5, 2019||Wednesday||New Zealand Vs Bangladesh||Kennington Oval||London||5:30 pm||12:30 pm|
|June 9, 2019||Sunday||India Vs Australia||Kennington Oval||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|June 15, 2019||Saturday||Australia Vs Sri Lanka||Kennington Oval||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
England will play South Africa at Kennington Oval on May 30th, 2019 Cricket World Cup opening match. According to World Cup, 2019 fixture Oval will host 1 warm-up and five main event matches.
Prior to the starting of this mega event, a match will be played between England and Pakistan on May 8th, 2019. Men’s Cricket World Cup fixtures are as below.
|May 25, 2019||Saturday||India Vs New Zealand||Kennington Oval||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
Following are the policies which are to be followed by all spectators;
- Match tickets are posted 42 days prior to the event and are sent by first class post.
- Tickets can be collected 2 hours prior to the start of play and can be purchased less than 7 days prior to the event.
- The tickets will not be issued information on the credit card does not match with the name used to purchase the tickets.
- Tickets can be purchased at The Oval Ground for all non-sold out matches at the Tickets Office, situated by the Hobbs Gates at the Pavilion End of the ground. They can be paid for in cash or by card.
- The tickets are not transferable, and proof of identity and age, where an age concession is claimed, may be required.
- Tickets are not transferable, and proof of identity and age, where an age concession is claimed, may be required.
- They are still available for this fixture. For more information, please call the ticket office on 0203 946 0100.
Food & Drinking Facilities
No smoking, vaping or use of electronic cigarettes is allowed in Bars, Hospitality Suits, Internal Areas, Covered Concourses, stans & all seating areas. Spectators are prohibited from entering the playing area at all times as Spectators entering the field of play are liable to prosecution under the Public Order Act.
- The use of electronic equipment for recording transmission, communication of match details, statistics or images is not permitted other than with the appropriate accreditation.
- KOL reserves the right to make changes to its advertised fixtures without any notice.
- Smoking or vaping is only permitted within forecourt areas, car parks, and uncovered concourses.
- One bag per person with no more than 18”x12”x12” (45cm x 30cm x 30cm) size is allowed.
- The climbing of walls, fences, stands, structures or any other buildings in the Ground is strictly forbidden.
- Abusive, racist, the use of fouls and such gestures will not be tolerated.
Kia Oval is located in the heart of London so easily accessible from West End, all South East Counties and the City. Lots of options available
By underground; Take the Northern Line to the Oval tube station. The ground is also a ten-minute walk from Vauxhall tube station which is served by the Victoria line.
By Bus; Route numbers 36, 185 and 436 stop outside the ground and other local services stop around the corner. The following buses set down within a 5-minute walk of the ground: 3, 59, 109, 133, 159, 333.
By Car; Please note that no match-day parking is available, however very limited and is distributed on a first-come-first-served basis. The ground is situated on the A202, near the junction with the A3 and A24, just south of Vauxhall Bridge and 10-minutes from Victoria and Waterloo.
By Coach; Coach parking is situated at the New Covent Garden Coach Park. The address is New Covent Garden Market, Covent House, London, SW8 5NX.
By Rail; Take South West Trains to Vauxhall station which is a ten-minute walk from the ground. The station is well served by trains throughout Surrey and Hampshire as well as from the Greater London area.
By Bike; There is limited bike parking for spectators outside the Hobbs Gate in the form of bike racks. This is allocated on a first-come-first-served basis.
May Cricket Season
- Weather remains fascinating and very pleasant during the month of May as it warms nicely throughout the month when flowers are blooming.
- Average temperature remains 15°C-16°C but warm slowly to 18°C-19°C, with an average high 17°C, average low 8°C and 8.5 days average wet. The average sunshine increases to more than six hours.
- Moderate type of precipitation and 50mm rainfall spread from May 2nd to May 23.
- Humidity rises from 54% to 84% for every ¾ days in humid air during the 2nd and 3rd week of May and falls 87% to 35% from the 1st week of May.
- Sunrises at 5:31 am and 8:24 pm on May 1st and the sun sets at 4:48 am and 9:07 pm on May 31.
- Highest wind speed 9m/s averages wind speed 4 m/s and lowest wind speed 6 m/s.
June Cricket Season
- Weather gets warmer throughout June in London, UK.
- During June average temperature is 16°C, the highest temperature has been recorded during June is 33°C, and the lowest temperature, ever recorded is 7°C but averages temperature during June remains 16°C.
- Cloud coverage decreases during the month of June as London rarely affected by foggy days despite cloudy spells.
- Humidity drops from 75% averages to 50% during driest ¾ days and rises from 36% to 96% when the air is at its most humid for ¾ days between June 1st to 25th June. Sunrises at 4:48 am and 9:08 pm on June 1st and sets at 9:22 pm on June 24th.
- The highest wind speed is 7 m/s, the lowest wind speed remains 4 m/s around June 28th and averages wind speed remains 6 m/s throughout June.
July Cricket Season
- July is all known as the hottest month in London with an averages temperature of 18°C.
- Highest temperature 34°C for every 1/10 days, averages temperature 18°C for every 1/10 days and lowest temperature 13°C for every 1/10 days.
- Rainfall of 41mm with an average precipitation 71% falls between July 12th to July 26th.
- Humidity rises from 43% to 81% in ¾ days but falls 35% during ¾ days of July.
- Sunrises at 4:47 am and 9:20 pm on July 1st and sunsets at 5:22 am and 8:49 pm on July 31st.
- Highest wind speed 7m/s averages wind speed 4 m/s and lowest 3 m/s