Lords are known as the “The Home of Cricket” and have a historic presence by all means. According to Lords Cricket Ground Fixture, the ground regularly hosts Natwest T20 Blast, National T20 Blast, and England cricket matches. 2019 Cricket World Cup is the 12th edition of ICC, of which 4 has been already hosted by England and Wales and this Cricket World Cup 2019 will be 5th to be hosted by England and Wales. The final venue for Cricket World Cup has been alway Lords Cricket Ground widely known as “The Home of Cricket”.
During World Cup 2019, five matches will be hosted by Lord’s ground including arch-rivals England v Australia, Pakistan v South Africa, Australia v New Zealand, Pakistan v Bangladesh. The final match of the Tournament on July 14, 2019. World Cup fixture at Lords includes a warm-up match prior to mega-event start which will be played between England and Afghanistan on May 27, 2019. For more details about Lords Cricket Ground, Know Lords History and Records.
ICC Mega Event
|June 23, 2019||Sunday||Pakistan Vs South Africa||Lord’s||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|June 25, 2019||Tuesday||England Vs Australia||Lord’s||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|June 29,2019||Saturday||Australia Vs New Zealand||Lord’s||London||5:30 pm||12:30 pm|
|July 5, 2019||Friday||Pakistan Vs Bangladesh||Lord’s||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|July 14, 2019||Sunday||TBC vs TBC, Final||Lord’s||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
|May 27, 2019||Monday||England Vs Afghanistan||Lord’s||London||2:30 pm||9:30 am|
The following are the policies that you must follow!
- Tickets can be collected on match day or in advance of the start of the match from the main MCC ticket office adjacent to the East Gate in St. John’s Wood Road.
- A ticket can be refunded subject to MCC General Ground Regulations with a 10% deduction as an administrative cost but tickets can only be returned by the original applicant.
- Discounted tickets are available under age 16 years of age, babies in the arm have free entry unless they occupy a seat by themselves.
- Late gate entry is only subject to availability if there is a late gate, which will be advertised by Social Media Channels and the official website of Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- A ticket can be upgraded or downgraded according to the ticket price or enclosures or stands but prior to match only.
- In case your ticket has been lost, stolen or mislaid than tickets can be replaced with a 10% additional administrative cost.
- The latest ticket information or return ticket information can be obtained by calling Ticket Office on 020 7432 1000.
Food & Drinking Policy
Lord’s is the only international cricket venue that allows spectators to bring alcohol into the ground but Note; Fortified wines or spirits or any alcohol in excess above limits are not allowed into the Ground. MCC reserves the right to confiscate any quantity of alcohol from any spectators if he/she found in possession of any alcohol. Spectators can bring their own food into the Ground for all matches. Descriptions and quantities of alcohol allowed into the Lord’s Cricket Ground.
No dress code at Lord’s within general public stands, however, fancy dresses are not allowed. The minimum standard for entering into Debenture Area is that gentlemen must wear collared shirts and tailored trousers at Lord’s Cricket Ground. Religious, traditional or national dress, or service uniform, is permitted. No flags or musical instruments are permitted at Lord’s.
Alcohol Allowed Quantity
|Wine or Champagne||750 ML||1|
|Beer or Cider||500 ML||2|
|Premixed Aperitifs||330 ML||2|
The home of cricket Lord’s is very close to the centre of London and can be accessed by Tube, Bus, Train, and Bike. St John’s Wood is the closest tube station at 5 minutes walking distance. Wile Warwick Avenue, Edgware Road, Marylebone and Baker Street are at 15 minutes walking distance.
By Bus; Bus number 189 for stop B (on Shoot-up Hill) Golders Green (Northern Line). Bus number 139 for stop GF (These stop closest to the North and East Gates, closest to Grace Gate of Lord’s Cricket Ground.
- Marylebone Station on Chiltern Line is the closest railway station at only 10 minutes walking distance and served by Chiltern Railways.
- Paddington Station train station is only at 20 minutes walking distance South-West of Lord’s Cricket Stadium. the
- Euston, King’s Cross and St Pancras International stations are only a short journey away.
By Road; If you choose walking than M1 is closest to Lord’s Ground from M40 and M4. Lord’s is 1.5 miles away from M1 but 6 miles away from M40 and M4.
By Bike; There are several Cycle Hire docking stations within 5 minutes walking distance on following roads to the Lord’s Ground.
|Walking Distance to Lord’s||Nearest Stations|
|5 Minutes||St. John’s Wood-Jubilee line|
|20 Minutes||Paddington - Bakerloo|